Roon not "seeing" hardwired (LAN) endpoints (Bluesound)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Apple Mac Mini, running Roon Core (1.7 build 710) 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound speakers hardwired (LAN) through a TP Link router.
All Bluesound speakers hardwired LAN.

Description Of Issue
While I can always “see” all Bluesound endpoints through the Bluesound App, I have speakers (endpoints) that appear and disappear, at random, in Roon. Very frustrating. I like the Roon App significantly better, but the reliability of always seeing all of the speakers, at any time, through Bluesound App forces me to use it, much more than Roon.

Help, please.
Kevin

Hi @Kevin_Brode,

When the Bluesound issue occurs, are they still visible via Airplay or do those disappear as well?
Is it just one of the Bluesound zones in particular that has this behavior?

Hi Noris,

I’m not hitting them with AirPlay, so I’ve not “looked” for them, that way. When they aren’t visible in Roon, they ARE visible through the BlueSound app. And the behavior can/does occur at one time or another, on all BlueSound speakers. What other info can I provide, that might help?

Hello @Kevin_Brode ,

Can you please provide a screenshot of your Roon Settings → Audio tab? Do you have any firewall applications on this Mac like Bullguard, McAFee, Little Snitch, etc? If so can you try to temporarily disable?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.