Roon not seeing Pre Box S2 Digital on Dell Win10 laptop?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Network working fine for my personal Acer laptop, I can see the CORE, just can’t connect to the Project Pre Box S2 Digital connected via USB

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Project Pre Box S2 Digital connected via USB to my work laptop (Dell i5, 16 GB RAM, 64 bit, x64 based processor as per the screen shot above).

Description Of Issue

I can see all my other devices but the Pre Box, connected directly to my USB port isn’t being recognised? I have no such issue when connected this way on my personal laptop (Acer) but due to COVID-19, the “wife” is using the Acer.

Please help, I’m sure it’s a simple fix.

Cheers
Matt

Hi @Matthew_Taylor,

Based on your symptoms, it appears that a firewall may be blocking proper communication through Roon. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

Additionally, I would check that the PC is set to a Private network and not a Public one by using these instructions.

Do any of my suggestions help resolve this behavior?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.