Roon not showing any album art on one device

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win 10 64bit / Roon version 1.87 (build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon Fios / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sony TAZH1ES amp / USB connection

Description Of Issue

All my album art shows on all other devices except this one device.
It is noteworthy that it was originally showing but I did a re-install of the roon client and then it stopped showing any album art or any images for the featured artist section etc.
It seems that images in general aren’t showing for the client.

Hi @Jinha_Hwang,

Just to clarify — The Windows 10 machine mentioned above, is that the remote exhibiting this issue or the Core? If it’s not the remote, what type of remote are you experiencing this issue with?

So technically in this case the remote is the core.
I’m running the Roon server on my Windows 10 machine (which serves as the core)
and also run the Roon client (remote) on the same machine.
The images are not showing on the client.

It’s also noteworthy that this happens frequently but there are times when I open the Roon client and all the album art shows. But when I close and reopen the client the album art is not showing again.
So it really is kind of random.

Hi @Jinha_Hwang,

I’m hoping you can give something a try:

• Go to Settings > General
  • Choose Disconnect
  • Choose This PC as the Core

Does the same issue occur in this configuration?

Note that this will be a new database, so you might need to re-import some media in order to test this. You can return to your normal database at any time by choosing Disconnect and choosing the original RoonServer

So I tried what you said and it seems to work fine if I choose this PC as the core.
But when I disconnect and choose the server as the core, the album images stop showing again.

Thanks, @Jinha_Hwang.

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Note that we’ll need logs from the RoonServer folder and not Roon folder.

Thanks!

Here you go.

Hi @Jinha_Hwang,

I just wanted to let you know the logs are with the QA team for analysis and we’ll be sure to reach out ASAP once they’ve provided feedback.

Thanks please let me know as the problem is still happening.

Hi @Jinha_Hwang,

The team is looking into this and we are hoping we can get a little more data here on what might be occurring. In order to do this, they’re hoping you could do the following:

• Reboot the Windows machine
  • Reproduce the issue once more where the artwork doesn’t load
  • Send us another set of logs, this time from the RoonServer folder and from the Roon folder

Our team will then use this data for their investigation.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.