Roon not stop playing music

Thanks for giving that a go, @Jan_Reinmueller. Knowing that this is happening on the Mac Core as well is definitely an interesting data point. I’m going to get some further feedback from the team and will update you ASAP when I hear from them.

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

I spoke with the team about this further, and since this is occurring on multiple machines, what they’ve seen in the diagnotics report seem to indicate that there are dropouts in the network connection that are the cause of this behavior.

Can you confirm how the NAD is connected to the network? What networking hardware is in use? Are there any switches / adapters / access points in use?

Hey @Dylan the NAD is connected via network cable (CAT 6). I am using the latest Asus router (GT-Ax11000) and a Linksys network switch (10 GB) in between. I am using a new network cable between the NAD and the switch. The cable length between the switch and the router is approx 15 meters.

On a side note, my XBOX is sitting on the same switch and I am playing a lot of online games and haven’t really experienced drop out unless you are saying it happens but the XBOX is managing it.

Hope this helps to solve the problem.

Thanks for the info here, @Jan_Reinmueller.

I spoke once more with the team about our next steps here and wanted to reach out with their feedback.

Have you talked to NAD about this behavior that you’re experiencing? We are continuing to investigate this and will be reaching out to them, but we weren’t sure if they’ve provided any feedback directly to you so far.

Hello @Dylan no I haven’t spoken to them.

Thanks for confirming that, @Jan_Reinmueller.

The team is currently working on reproducing this behavior and preparing a report. I’ll be sure to update you as soon as I have further feedback from them. Your patience as we continue to investigate is greatly appreciated!

@dylan any news pls?

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

Apologies for the delay here. We are currently working with Bluesound on the behavior you’re experiencing and other similar reports, and we are hoping to gather a little more information regarding what you’re seeing so we can discuss with the Bluesound team.

Can you reproduce this behavior once more, note the time, and then send us the BluOS logs:

• Open the “BluOS Controller” application on your computer and then select the device we are troubleshooting as the current zone.
  • Along the left side of the app, you should see along the bottom “Settings” and “Help”. Click on “Help”, click on “Diagnostics”. then click on the “More” button.
  • You should then be looking at your Bluesound logs. Select all of the text that is shown in that window by hitting “CRTL” + “A” on your keyboard, and paste it into a text file using something like the “Notepad” application.
  • Save the file and include your username in the file name
  • Send us that file via a shared Dropbox link

Thanks!

Hi @Dylan just updated BluOs to the latest version 3.4.3. It seems like that the fix " Improved streaming performance and stability for Roon" solved the problem. I will monitor the situation over the next 2 weeks and revert back if I see anything new popping up. So far so good - thx for this.

@dylan cased closed. Thanks for the support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.