Roon now old enough to instill nostalgia

.sjb

4 Likes

I joined three years ago in the last few months where the splash screen presented these quotes. Kind of miss them too.

1 Like

WELL my PC was sooooo fast that the splash screen went woosh before I could read it :rofl: :rofl:

Actually I have a habit of turning everything on and brewing coffee to come back when everything has happened so I wouldn’t see the splash screen either way

1 Like

Oh wow, thats back when it worked in Windows without crashing every 5 minutes. Happy days.

The quotes splash screen is an odd thing in that it seemed to be an essential part of the Roon experience (according to Roon) despite many requests to make it optional. It disappeared overnight without any fuss and hasn’t been missed.

1 Like

Unlike various missing scroll bars.

1 Like

Yes. I am nostalgic for the mystical quotes. But I am even more nostalgic for the scroll bars!

2 Likes

I miss the quotes. Especially, since I personalized all of them.

2 Likes

That makes it even worse. I was always seeing a lot of repeated quotes. If you personalised them then you’ll not be surprised to see one you haven’t seen before.

That splash screen could have been used for something actually useful, ie Roon Server status, ARC status, Roon Cloud status etc. This is needed more than ever now what with the dependency on Roon Cloud for normal operation. Only the other day I received my first ‘could not connect to Roon search’ error screen.

1 Like

Well that depends on the number of quotes. Since I entered the entire book of quotes into multiple files that I rotated, I was often surprised.

1 Like

As soon as I saw this thread title I knew it would be about the quotes.

1 Like

So, you are who’s to blame for those Stevie Nicks quotes.

Nah. I could only personalize my own quotes. :smiley:

They were kept in a text file you could edit. Actually, I think if you deleted all the quotes and left an empty text file, that was one way to stop getting quotes.