Roon Now unusable: Persistent Audio Device Drop Out

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, all updates installed
Roon latest release

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

All local audio devices ie those connected with USB and sound card drop out after around 3 minutes. This has been a persistent issue since latest 1.8 release!! Roon worked perfectly before this release.

I removed the Tidal login file as suggested on support forum but this does not help

Please provide a fix

Please, provide a complete system description first.

Maybe a backup and full removal and reinstall of Roon might not go amiss either… you need to remove all the app data roon folders too

see

Hi @Kevin_Anderson,

Can you give some more details about your setup?

• How many tracks are in your library?
  • What DACs are you using?
  • What’s your network setup like?
  • Are you seeing this with local tracks AND Tidal tracks?
1 Like

I just performed complete uninstall of Roon settings and database.

The problem is with Chord Hugo TT DAC both WASAPI and ASIO drivers. Works OK when I switch System Output to the Chord DAC but when I enable and select the Chord DAC as audio device in Roon; the device will successfully enable however after around 2-3 secs of playback then the device disappears.
This did not happen in versions of Roon earlier to around the release from 3-4 weeks ago.
The problem does not occur anymore when I use the soundcard as the output so it appears to be the DAC. The DAC output works perfectly as a default system output and as an audio output for other media players where I can select it as an audio device.

I installed the Chord Hugo TT drivers on another Windows 10 PC and set up Roon as Core on that machine. No problems there and all works OK so I’ll leave it at that. Thanks for all the suggestions

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.