Roon NUC Noise Issues - Beeps & Hiss

Roon Core Machine

Roon Server Software 1.8, Intel NUC 10 Performance Kit - NUC10i5FNK, 4C/8T 1.6-4.2GHz with Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 SODIMM Memory, 3-prong power cable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected via ethernet to Netgear Nighthawk S8000 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Gaming Switch (GS808E)

Connected Audio Devices

JBL Synthesis SDP-55 connected via HDMI

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I recently connected my NUC to a JBL Synthesis SDP-55 processor via HDMI to begin using multichannel playback via Roon. However, when I connect the HDMI cable (tried two different cables), my system’s noise floor increases (more hiss) and I can hear high pitched beeps consistently emanating from all of the speakers. Once I disconnect the HDMI cable, the noise floor drops and the beeps go away. Any idea why this may be happening and if there is a fix? If not, what other options are available to setup multichannel streaming via HDMI?

Does the floor noise increase if you plug a Windows PC into it? If not, try running RoonBridge on the PC and then route audio to it from Roon as a test.

2 Likes

Awesome suggestion, @Rugby - thanks for stepping in over the weekend :pray:

@asiano, so sorry about the trouble…it’d be a great step, trying the above suggestion. Could you please let us know if ti helps?

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.