Roon Nucleus Advice

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
I will be using an Ailenware Area51 with Win 10 Pro desktop for the remote.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear Orbi satellite on WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hello,
I am considering on purchasing a Nucleus or Nucleus+

Will the Nucleus connect with a PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell Preamp / DAC via a USB cable?
I do not think the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell Preamp / DAC is Roon Ready.

Will the Nucleus pick up the WiFi signal or does it need to connected to Ethernet cable?

Thanks!

Ethernet, or optional USB WiFi dongle thingy. I’d recommend a cable, as does Roon for core connection.

Hi @Thomas_tompkins,

As long as the PS Audio device supports Linux platforms you’ll be able to use it with Nucleus via USB.

By default you can only use Ethernet when connecting to the network. You can use a USB WiFi adapter, but as noted in out Networking Guide, we recommend using an Ethernet connection for your Core whenever possible.

Does anyone know when the Nucleus will be available?
I can not find it on any website except Moon Audio offering the Nucleus +

Hi @Thomas_tompkins,

We should have some available on Amazon soon, but you can also contact your local dealer and purchase one through them.

FWIW, the unit you’d buy from Moon will almost certainly the original version. There is a somewhat newer revision due out soon, and presumably what will be available in local dealers or Amazon will be v2. Don’t appear to be any really major changes (see here), but some people might care a lot. If it matters to you it will worth inquiring.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.