Roon Nucleus B slow to play songs

Using TIDAL when skipping tracks room takes two minutes to play the next song. started happening this weekend.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Roon has been updated to the latest firmware

I am not aware of anyone with 2 minute gaps. Certainly not a common issue. Did you change anything in your network? What is your setup, network and otherwise?

There is a thread where streaming from Qobuz adds gaps for some users, intermittently, usually just very short ones. Being investigated

And one with longer gaps, not sure if the same issue

In these threads you will also find links to others that are possibly related.
I moved your thread from #uncategorized to #support as well

It’s very sporadic I can play five tracks in a row no problems and then other times. There’s a minute or two gap between the song. Also search is very slow now too.

The only change made to the system was the update to roon on Friday

Sounds network-related to me. Do you have local files to try if there is the same issue?

I do not i stream everything

If you haven’t, restart everything beginning with the internet router and when it’s back up restart the Nucleus and any Roon remote devices.

Did you try playing from the Tidal app to see if that works?

1 Like

Great idea let me try and I’ll get back to you. Thank you.

Hey @Gary_Foux,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into slow connectivity issues? If so, can you please provide more details around your full system setup:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Core Machine Nucleus Rev B

Networking Gear & Setup Details Modem—> Unifi dream machine router—> Unfi 24 port switch

Connected Audio Devices Lumin D2–> Michi P5 Pre Amp----> Michi S5 Amplifier

Number of Tracks in Library Streaming through Tidal

Description of Issue. Every 5-10 songs everything stops like it’s trying to download the song after 2 min it starts to play.

It’s extremely bad this weekend every other song stops playing saying track not available from Tidal.

Album art shows though. Going to tidal I can play the tracks perfectly fine.

Hey @Gary_Foux,

Can you please hardwire your core directly to your router, bypassing anything in between, and let me know if you continue to run into the same issues?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.