Roon Nucleus + version 1.8 build 882

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Cisco SG250, Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Only Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

17.000 tracks

Description of Issue

The Nucleus is stuck in a reboot loop. I removed the ethernet cable and attached a monitor at the HDMI port. There is nothing on the display. Nucleus+ still stuck in reboot loop every 60 seconds.

Problem started after I used the webgui to reboot the nucleus. I received a message that the reboot was not successful and the message instructed to power recycle the Nucleus.
That’s what I did and then it started to continuously rebooting.

All help is appreciated!

Best Regards,
Martin

Unfortunately that doesn’t sound good.
Especially with zero display at all on attempted boot up.
It may have suffered an internal failure.
How old is it and did you purchase from a dealer or?

1,5 years old.
Is there a way to reinstall or factory reset the device?

I will leave any further suggestions to @support.
Rather than risk any possible more problem

After several hours the Roon Nucleus finally recovered from the continuous rebooting cycle. The display showed a message about not having a network connection, I attached the network cable and we are back in business.

I would however ask @support to perform a diagnostic on the Nucleus. I have no clue what went wrong. I am afraid to reboot or power down the Nucleus, with the risk of this happening again.

Thanks for your help.
Martin

Hello @Martin_van_den_Berg1 ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the initial reboot loop frustrations.

Is the Nucleus currently working as expected? We are not seeing it as able to reach out to our diagnostics servers.

Can you please manually access your Nucleus logs by using these instructions and upload a set of logs here for review?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Please let us know if you have any issues accessing logs or if you were able to upload them, thanks!

Hi Noris,

Thanks for reaching out. The Nucleus is working fine, although there is a strange bug when I add an album to my Library I lose the artwork. I don’t know if this is related to the reboot issue. Apart from that it has been working fine the last few days.

The logfiles dated December 30th is where I would start the diagnostic

I have uploaded a set of logs to your work drive.

Best Regards,
Martin

1 Like

Hi @Martin_van_den_Berg1 ,

Thanks for sending those logs over! Unfortunately, there were not many clues as to why the rebooting issue happened, there were no errors except a few networking-related ones in the log set.

Can you please record a short video of this behavior and let us know the time + date you saw the error occur? Then, please upload a new log set for review, so we can take a closer look at the time of the error’s occurrence, thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Nucleus restarting constantly

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.