Roon Nucleus Keeps Shutting Off /On

Roon Core Machine

I purchased a Nucleus Plus 1 TB HDD unit on 8/14/2021.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Orbi09. It is on Ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Bryston BDP-1

Number of Tracks in Library

45,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Everything was working fine until this weekend when I noticed I wasn’t able to connect to my Nucleus core because the Nucleus Plus keeps shutting off and turning on. The light on the power cable doesn’t turn off when this happens. It looks like an internal power problem with the unit.
I only had this for a little over 1 year. Can you ship me a new unit?

[personal information redacted]

Hi @Jeff_Cahal ,

Can you please try to connect the Nucleus HDMI output to a TV or Monitor? Can you share a screenshot of what you see listed there?

How often is this shutoff happening? Are you still able to access the Web UI or does this also fail to display?

I connected a HDMI cable to my Nucleus + Rev B and ran it to my PC HDMI port but didn’t get a signal. My Nucleus cycles off and on every 60 seconds.

My nucleus + is doing exactly the same thing. I’m sending the unit to Henley audio for repair.
This seems to be a very popular thing that’s happening to more and more nucleus I’m very disappointed in the product that for the money has only lasted 2 years max.

I connected a HDMI cable to my Nucleus + Rev B and ran it to my PC HDMI port but didn’t get a signal. My Nucleus cycles off and on every 60 seconds.

My Nucleus is still under warranty. Where do I ship it for repair or replacement?

Hi @Jeff_Cahal ,

Thanks for the update here.

In this case, it does sound like a motherboard boot issue, I will follow up via private message to gather your purchase details, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.