Roon Nucleus Not Connecting Over Ethernet

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus Rev B, I7, 16

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ATT Uverse Model 5268ac It states I’m connected to 75.19.170.XX. I thought it had been connected to a 192.168.1.xx in the past.

Connected Audio Devices

I tried hooking up to HDMI with a keyboard but I had no picture with HDMI A or B

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I can’t connect to the core. I wanted to reset the network address thinking that might be the problem. I hooked up a Monitor via HDMI and keyboard but I had no video picture. I basically can’t hookup to the Nucleus. Thanks.

Hi @William_Haaf ,

Thanks for your message.

This is not a good thing to see, if you are seeing the 75.19.170.X IP, then the Nucleus is communicating directly over your public IP address, and not the router’s internal one with the security firewalls in place.

Did you by any chance enable DMZ zone or something like that? DMZ mode can be very dangerous, and we do not suggest enabling this mode.

Has the HDMI picture returned on the Nucleus? It looks like the Nucleus has been communicating with our account authentication servers recently, has there been any change in behavior?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.