Static ethernet

Networking Equipment

Ethernet cable to Router.

Connected Audio Equipment

USB cable to Chord Mscaler then Dave DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi.

I just updated the software as instructed by the automatic prompts, but the Roon remote cannot find nor connect the Roon Nucleus any more.

This has been going on for hours. Rebooting does not help.

I should have checked online forum complaints before pressing OK button.

How can you make software update that will kill the product?

Hey @Joon_Choi,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread. Following up on this issue, are you seeing connectivity issues across the board for all your roon remotes?

Are you able to access the webUI of your nucleus? Here is more information on this:

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

Hi. Sorry for the delayed reply. I took the nucleus home to try to reset it back to factory because I don’t have usb keyboard nor HDMI monitor at office. Since I had an extra M1 MacMini, I just hooked it up. ROON sounds fine, although the nucleus plus might have a tiny upper hand in SQ, but TIDAL directly streaming through the Mac mini just blew me away. So much better sound quality, especially their MASTER tracks, was very clear. Every track on my playlists sounds better when played direct from the TIDAL app rather than through the ROON interface. I still need ROON to play some of my own music on disk, but TIDAL sounds so much better direct. So, at this point, I might just sell the nucleus and use the M1 Mac mini as the server.

FYI, my gear includes:

1. CHORD M Scaler and Dave DAC
  2. Soulution 325 Preamp
  3. Soulution 311 Power Amp
  4. Magico S5 Mk 2
  5. Synergistic Research top of the line interconnects and room acoustic treatments throughout

Thanks.

Hey @Joon_Choi,

I would take a minute to read through our help article on the subject as you may find some helpful information here, as this shouldn’t be the case :

Did you by chance try to pull up the webUI of the nucleus? I’ll be here in case you’d like to continue troubleshooting :+1:

Also, if you could please share a screenshot of both the signal path in Tidal, as well as in Roon. That would be helpful!

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.