Roon Nucleus not discovered by app despite Ethernet connection - troubleshooting steps taken (ref#GSKVNN)

Is Roon Server running?

· No, Roon Server is not running.

For Roon connectivity to work properly, both Roon Server and Roon Remote need to be turned on.

· I can't turn on Roon Server, I need help.

Describe the issue

I have. Roon nucleus and it is connected by ethernet but not being discovered by Roon app. Not the first time this has happened despite no changes to the system. I’ve tried rebooting the Roon several,times. Green light is on at Ethernet connection. Internet is running gigabit service perfectly but still no nucleus being discovered

Describe your network setup

Fiber gigabit internet with Ethernet connection to nucleus, Roon app on iPad and iPhone and MacBook Pro.

Can you access the Web Administration Interface of the Nucleus and post a screenshot here? And can you give the IP Addresses of the Nucleus, iPad, iPhone and MacBook?

Sorry, I would have no idea how to do any of those things since I’m not a network engineer. Are there instructions or a video tutorial anywhere?

Go to Roon Settings > Setup. Click „Find Roon OS“ > Find. There will be an IP address, 4 blocks of three numbers. Let us know what it is.

If you click the IP address, it will try to open the Web Administration Interface in a browser. Does it? Make a screenshot and post it here.

The IP addresses of iPad, iPhone and MacBook are shown in their network settings.

Hey @Peter_K,

Here’s a KB that helps break down accessing the webUI of your Nucleus. Issues aside, its a good thing to get familiar with in the long run with your Nucleus :slightly_smiling_face: as it provides helpful information around the overall health and system information for your device.

If you can access it, great! Sharing a screenshot would be most helpful.

If not, see if you can connect the Nucleus to a monitor via HDMI, and share a screenshot of what you see. Make sure the Nucleus is still hardwired directly to your router while we continue to troubleshoot.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.