Roon Nucleus not updating

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet ASUS router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Apple TV

Description Of Issue

New Nucleus set up. 1.6 build 416 not updating

Hi Roberto,

Welcome to the community.

Connect to the Nucleus Web Admin Interface and select Reinstall next to Operating System.

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you. I’ve reinstalled the OS but whenever I try to connect Roon App from my Mac or iPad, it tells me the Nucleus requires an update. When I click Connect, it checks for update and then I get error checking for an update. Does not matter how many times I retry.

Not sure what else to do.

Can you upload a Screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Thanks. Can you also post a screenshot of the Nucleus Web Admin Interface?

Cheers, Greg

Old screenshots

Thanks Roberto. I’ll tag @support and someone will be along to help further.

Just to confirm, clicking the Reinstall of the Operating System does not update Roon Server to Version 1.7 Build 571. Is there an error message?

Also, it appears you installed a Roon Core on the Mac.

Cheers, Greg

Correct. When I click Reinstall OS, the Roon Server Software version stays at 1.6 build 416.

I installed the Roon App on the Mac to try to configure the Nucleus but I’m not logged in to account.

Thanks for your help.

One more thing, I forgot to ask you to use the Web Admin and click on the power button at the top right of the screen and select Reboot.

Then try Reinstall again.

Cheers, Greg

Tried that just now but it didn’t make a difference. Still getting error checking for update on the Nucleus.

Maybe there are still some cloud gremlins happening

Hi @roberto_figueroa,

Apologies for the trouble here — There was a Google Cloud Platform service outage that affected most of our services. While this has mostly been resolved, there is still an unresolved issue affecting our update services. Our team is working on this as we speak and we hope to have this resolved very soon!

Update — This has been resolved and our update process should be functioning normally. Thanks for your patience as we’ve worked to resolve!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.