Roon Nucleus plus Codecs missing

Just got a roon nucleus plus and having a problem. it says under the roon server software mising codecs. unable to install. not sure what to do here. how do i get the roon software to work on the nucleus?. tried going onto the roon software on the ipad. it sees the nucleus can look at configuratio of it but does not allow me to connect to it as a source. pls help thanks

Try following the guide to install the missing codecs:

yes i saw that - i just can’t get to the data\codecs\ folder

tried

didnt work

ie in file explorer \192.168.171.xx\ and the folder didnt come up . it just says

Your file couldn’t be accessed

It may have been moved, edited or deleted.

also pressing the reinstall os multiple times does not actually update roon to the latest version as well still stuck on version 1.0 build 175…

I suggest that you resolve that issue first. There were some similar reports lately, you can use the forum search to find them and look how they got resolved – maybe this enables you to resolve your issue too. If not, please have a look at: How To Get In Touch With Roon Support and fill-out the template:

Roon Core Machine

<!-- Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM) -->

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!-- Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet -->

Connected Audio Devices

<!-- Specify what devices you're using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.) -->

Number of Tracks in Library

<!--Tell us how large your music library is, eg. "30,000 tracks" -->

Description of Issue

<!--Tell us about the problem you're having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated! -->

Sounds like a corrupt ssd to me…moved to the #support:nucleus-support @support

yup i did - clicked reinstall multiple times but no joy - still stuck with the same version not getting anywhere. this is the screen i have .

Roon server isn’t even running

Hey @Ian_Fok

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome back to Community - it’s been a while! We’re happy to see you but sorry to hear that you had an issue with your Nucleus.

In checking your system diagnostics it appears that you were able to install Build 988 and play music. Can you please update us on your current status? If you’re still having trouble and need help we’re happy to lend a hand! Thanks!

1 Like

Nucleus should come with codecs installed. Did you buy it new or 2nd hand? Only diy ROCK and oh should need to install them.

I have 2 nuclei

1 is working but the other i cant get it to work. Screenshot above is the one not working. Keen to get both to work

I have switched on the other nucleus now, can you see both? The other one is .71

Bought as new. When i first ligged in it looked good. Said it needed an update so i clicked yes. When it finished updating i get the problem in the screenshot and cant see it in the roon app anymore to connect to

Seems like somethings failed on it then as it should be there. I would RMA it to your dealer.

Am hoping i can get it worted out without an rma​:pensive::pensive: looks like a software issue not hardware. Should be able to sort out???

Support I imagine if it’s not related to a failing ssd fix it

Any help from roon support here?

@support

please help

Hi @Ian_Fok ,

We are seeing one Nucleus registered to your account, but it looks like even your other (working) Nucleus is getting some kind of network error.

Are there any more details you can provide regarding the network? What model/manufacturer networking gear do you have? Can you try to perform an OS reinstall on a different network? Your Roon OS (build 175) is quite old.

You would need to use two \ to connect via file explorer, for example:
\\192.168.171.71\

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.