Roon Nucleus+ (rev B) not seen / not able to connect as a new Roon Core

Issue: Roon Nucleus+ (rev B) not seen / not able to connect as a new Roon Core

How often: initial use. Roon works before and after with my WiFi connected desktop

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

New: Roon Nucleus+ (rev B)

Prior: Intel i9-9900KF CPU desktop PC, Win 10 Pro(64-bit), 64 GB RAM, SSD for OS and HDD for music

Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

Roon build is “newest” = version 1.8 (build 884) stable (64bit)

Remotes attempted:

• iPhone 12 Pro

• iPad

• Desktop

• Various laptops

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

Spectrum modem → router → Roon Nucleus+ (rev B) & eero network

Eero network (WiFi) throughout house

Desktop and laptops using WiFi (not wired)

Streaming: Tidal. I also use Spotify (not via Roon)

Audio devices in use

1. Sonos speakers wired and WiFi. These work with Spotify and with prior use of Roon on desktop.
  2. Desktop → USB → Schiit Audio Yggdrasil A2 (Unison USB) → Emotiva DC-1 as pre-amp → Emotiva Pro Airmotiv 4s (active)

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Future: Samsung T7 2TB external SSD to be connected directly to Roon Nucleus+ (not yet connected)

Current: Desktop HDD (Music = 934 GB)

Update.
I switched locations in house to plug into ethernet.
Remotes were able to find the new Roon Core - Nucleus+ right away.
FW is 1.6 (build 416) and suggested updating.
Downloading for a long time now.
How long does that take?
Hopefully working though and I need to:

• copy files to SSD external drive
  • migrate backup assigned to core

If its not happening from the Nucleus Web GIU do a restart then when its up again for a reinstall - this should update the nucleus.

moved this to the #support:nucleus-support are for you.

Thanks. Got it working. Roon finding the music files on WiFi connected HDD seems working okay. Started off sputtering. Will think about moving music to external attached SDD in future. Then think about that download (Qobuz sublime new files for instance) / sync / backup workflow.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.