Roon Nucleus sounds harsh compared to Dell PC

Maybe…

What are you trying to say?

Guess what. It didn’t sound so great this morning. I don’t get it.

I think I do get it. But I’ll keep this to myself, because on this forum there are way too many similar threads with similar discussions…

4 Likes

Yep, me too, but I can’t bear to jump down that particular rabbit hole again.

Potlickers.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

1 Like

As I am not a native English speaker I had to look that one up… Made me just smile, learned something new, thanks for that!

1 Like

I am a native English speaker and I had to look it up too. It sounds like some sort of Victorian insult that Charles Dickens might have used :slight_smile:

1 Like

And besides it’s quite true… I love licking pots since I was allowed to help my mother preparing strawberry marmalade… many years ago… :rofl:

5 Likes

Yep, true for me too. We got to lick out the cake bowl when my mum was baking :slight_smile:

1 Like

My dad always called us potlickers.

Yep, it’s definitely a kid thing. Not sure how it’s relevant in this thread, but it was a nice diversion.

One time when I was about 5 I was jacking around with an electrical outlet and got lit. My dad was standing behind me and I thought he did it. I was too young to cuss at him so i said you you stoogis! I made up my own cuss word. We still say it!

Well I hope that taught you not to lick electrical outlets… :innocent:

3 Likes

I think you have to learn that on your own, or at least start with a 9V battery… Just sayin’

3 Likes

That’s still how I recharge my batteries :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Michael that’s why you can run further than a Tesla can drive

1 Like

Ha ha in my younger days maybe, when I was a marathon runner :grin:.

Never go higher than 2 x 9v batteries for my charging though and definitely not plugging into a Tesla charging station. That would be a wake up call, probably the last one :see_no_evil:

1 Like

…and this final wake-up call would be significantly harder than the Tesla, Dell, Nucleus…

1 Like