ROON Nucleus to Ayre Codex

I searched here and really could not find a definitive answer.
I have a Nucleus (love it) and have been running it thru an Oppo 205 via usb to its USB/DAC without problems. Control for the Nucleus is on my Win10 laptop.
I would like to try different DAC’s with the Nucleus.
The first one I’m trying is the Ayre Codex. My audio chain will be: Nucleus as core (control on laptop)> Ayre Codex USB> pre-pro using balanced XLR.
The Codex is listed as ‘Roon tested’ (not ‘roon ready’) so I think it should work, but I’d like to hear from others here who are using the Nucleus/Codex combination.
First, and most importantly- does it work?
Does the Codex accept DSD, either straight or over DoP, from the Nucleus?

Roon Tested means it was tested and verified it works with Roon. Roon Ready means it has an ethernet port and is running Roon endpoint software so that it will just show up when plugged into the network.

So, yes the Ayre Codex as Roon Tested should work by just plugging it into the Nucleus. The Ayre’s manual show that it uses DoP for DSD material. As DoP is standard for linux/mac, you should not have to worry about any driver incompatibilities.

That all being said, I haven’t used the Codex directly. Nor do I use a Nucleus. However, I own a Pono, and if the Codex does use similar but better guts, then it should sound better than the Oppo.

Thanks for your reply. It does work with DSD using the DoP setting. It accepts MQA also, but doesn’t do the final unfolding on the Ayre side- but that’s an Ayre problem.
I was able to check in setup to find and activate the Codex, but it still shows the Oppo 205. I deactivated it, but is there a way to remove it from the list since it’s not in my system anymore?

Hey aware these post a few years back -
I recently started having my nucleus convert to dsd 128 but going to an ultrarendu first, sending DoP to the codex. I like it - sharp edges more fluid
I cant say in my case i enjoyed it as much directly from nucleus in dsd to Codex- but i did like it just it both bit perfect or upsampling (but not dsd)
vocals seem much more to the forefront and direct this way.

PS please try an upgraded powercord on the codex
It seems to make a really big difference more than any of the digital filtering
Thoughts anyone ?