Roon Nucleus went offline while playing and importing. Pingable, but not connecting now

I have been enjoying the Roon Nucleus core since unboxing a few days ago. Today, while playing music and having some background importing - it “quit.”

The Nucleus is running and connected - as it responds to pings, has port 9100 open, but cannot connect via browser, nor does any Roon App connect. It’s been an hour, so thinking it’s hung-up and ready to hit the power button on the Nucleus - but will wait a day to see if you want any other diagnosis done.

Thanks

@support let’s ping the boys

Hi, @Ferris_Bueller, sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you you please describe what are you seeing on your remote when Roon cannot connect to the Core (and what the remote is)?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi Ivan

Both the Mac OS App and iOS app said “waiting for core”

In this non-responsive state, a port scan of the Nucleus showed only 9100 was responsive

After an hour or tow, I restarted, (I pushed and held the power button to restart in order to demo the Roon to an anxious friend), and the expected ports were open (those are additional ports shown in attached).

For what it is worth, at time music ceased - I was importing about 500 GB from a NAS and Nucleus was performing Background Audio Analysis on 65k songs). I also switched ethernet ports that Nucleus was connected to, and cycled my switch. No change - still unable to connect and only port 9100 was found open.

Richard

Thanks for the info, @Ferris_Bueller! Now, could you please follow a procedure described here, and send us logs from the Roon app installed on your Mac? I will contact you via PM with more details.

Thanks!

Ivan

Could you please also tell if you can access your Nucleus via webUI? And if you do could you please post a screenshot of your network setting here.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hey @Ferris_Bueller – wanted to check in here and see if things have been stable since your last message?

Hopefully you’re not having any more issues, but let us know if you are and we can take a look.

Thanks!

Hi Mike,
Thank you for the follow-up.

This issue has not repeated itself after the first few days. In those first few days it did repeat a total of three times, but could have been twice.

I have a very large library and can only guess that it was related to initial processing of all new files.

Very happy with Roon.

Richard