Roon Nucleus with v1.8 update Tidal is missing

Roon Nucleus with update Roon1.8 is mssing Tidal
This is incredible. After wasting hours and hours in the last week trying to update Nucleus and finally success.
NOW, I can run Nucleus as the Roon Core but can only play stored music files. Cannot login and setup Tidal like before. When i use the Nucleus as the Roon core, the Tidal menu item is missing.
WHEN I use my Mac Mini as the Roon Core, everything works perfectly and able to see and access Tidal. When I use my Mac, the Tidal menu item is visible (obviously).

C’mon Roon, we pay big money for your service and big money for the Nucleus box, some proper beta testing and support would be great.

Roon 1.8 doesn’t support your own hardware, how embarrassing!!!

I praise Roon so much and have converted so many friends to Roon, REALLY DISAPPOINTING.

Hope to get some support and help soon!?!

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Logout of tidal and back in again in the services menu. Tidal had a massive world wide outage the other day that broke roon’s tidal connections and required a re login.

Also moved this to the #support:nucleus-support area

1 Like

Hi

1. Thanks for the suggestion. No luck. I can login Roon Core using my Mac Mini and open Tidal from Roon.

2. Try to login to Roon Nucleus and NO Tidal menu item on main menu. IT is in Settings_Services BUT still cannot login to Tidal. From here I can open Tidal BUT when I enter the username, nothing happens…just stay there (from my Mac Mini as the Core - no problem at all).

3. How do I move this to support_nucleus section?

I moved it for you before.

you can try this maybe

@support might help pick this up a bit but its a weekend so might have to wait for full support staff on deck :wink:

Hello @Corey_Tai ,

Are you still seeing this issue at the present time? There was a TIDAL outage around the time you posted. If you are still seeing this, can you please post a screenshot of your Nucleus Web UI for review?

Please provide more details regarding your network as well.

Hi
Finally after many days and hours and hours of trying. I have updated my Nucleus and the second major issue (Roon not seeing Tidal) is also working.

Thanks for asking but this update planning and pre testing is NOT like Roon. It is simply NOT good enough BUT hopefully you guys have learned from this update nightmare and the NEXT update will work seamlessly…Hopefully.

But don’t like the font you have used for the song title…Times Roman style is so not 2021.

Thanks anyway for the update

1 Like

Roon 1.8 worked seamlessly for me with Tidal and Qobuz. Some people have had problems, some have not. I have a Roon Nucleus also. It would be interesting to know why the difference.

Lucky you. Hopefully, the next update will work seamlessly for every user.

Roon is still the best…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.