Roon on DSM 7 No Longer Beta

Another user already posted a way how to automate the change to the setting on every reboot of the NAS:

1 Like

Yes well all these things are buried too deep. They should be in a knowledge base for Roon or Q&A.

I dug for hours looking for answers, didn’t find that post as this thread is way too long.

1 Like

Roon has a knowledge base : https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/roon-labs-llc

Roon, the company, doesn’t directly support running on the various NAS devices. I don’t personally blame them for that. @crieke does the very generous work to make packages available for a number of NAS devices. He maintains the site : RoonOnNAS – Use your NAS as a Roon Core

It’s reasonable to suggest that @crieke consider adding this step to his installation instructions if it can’t be fixed in the package. Perhaps he will. You might also want to thank @crieke for doing the considerable work to make this package available in the first place.

2 Likes

I think one of the best ways to show your appreciation for Christopher’s work is to make a donation to help cover some of his costs.

His work has enabled me to run a very successful Roon core on an existing Synology Rackstation. A far superior solution (massive high speed storage local to the core and ridiculous network bandwidth - 20Gbit/s over 802.3ad fibre LAG plus the ability to backup my database and music library offsite) than a NUC/Nucleus at no extra cost. I chip in a few Euros a month to hopefully help to keep him doing what he’s done so far.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve supported him as well and feel that NAS is the best way to go myself. I have a 2gbps 802.3ad LACP on mine and use DS Audio for remote playback. All my (non-smart) AudioStation playlists sync perfectly to Roon, so I get them both in the house and on the road in a single solution. Cheers :clinking_glasses: to @crieke!

That’s Fair. I thought ROON themselves were far more involved.

I still feel Roon should be supporting NAS devices with an official app tho… Very very common scenario for home media.