Roon on iMac closes after 2 seconds

Same Problem on my I-Mac try to install the new version and now when I want to open Roon it shows up on the screen for 2 second and then disappearings. As that is not my first back up one can assume my files are not corrupt and must be the fault of Roon. Send them a message a week ago no response yet!
Any news from anyone?

Hi @Roland_Lickert

Can you give us some more details about your iMac? What version of macOS is it running? What model is it?

Did this start happening for you right after the update, or did 1.8 work for you for some time?

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

I hope you get it sorted out mate, I’ve uploaded my log files to to the support guys at Roon and they’ve let me know that they’re looking into it. I can’t ask for more than this, I’m just keeping my fingers crossed now :crossed_fingers:

Hi Dylan
I use macOS High Sierra, Processor 3.3GHz intel core i5 version 10.13.6,iMac(Retina 5K,27-inch),Late 2015.I never had problems before with Roon. Only the last up-date was a problem. After up-dating I try to open Roon the usual way and my Roon opening screen was visible for 2 seconds then closed.I try another way downloaded the new version 1.8 from your website(I thought perhaps the download was not complete but the result was the same.
Would appreciate your input. I guess I’m, not the only one?

Send a link with the google drive name of link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TStvChWTyhUzbu0Au7HxJJ2XVNq-g20vg3Deh4dp_hI/edit?usp=sharing
folder name rolandlickert@gmail roonlogs
Hope its works

1 Like

Hi @Roland_Lickert

Apologies for the delay here — I was out of the office for a couple of days and I’m working to get back to everyone ASAP!

Unfortunately the link that you shared isn’t working for me — It says I don’t have access. Can you try uploading the logs here instead? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Roland_Lickert

@beka let me know that you sent the logs over to us. I’m running the crash that I’m seeing here by our QA team and will be in touch ASAP!

Hi @Roland_Lickert

Can you try the following:

1. Locate your Roon database folder. Instructions for Windows can be found here
  2. Inside this folder navigate to Registry → Client
  3. Remove and files that start with GMS
  4. Try to launch Roon once again

Hi Dylan
I followed your instruction and indeed it worked! Now a notification shows up for and up-date should I update or not? because it is the same update us before then I face the same problem again?Please advice.
Thanks, Dylan