Roon on iMac (MacOS 11.2.3) crashes after red square appears on screen

Same problem on iMac (MacOS 11.2.3).

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

Title should be: crashes after a red window appears for some milisecs.

Issue remains after deleting and reinstalling both Roon and Roon Server.

Are you running McAfee Real Time scanning on your Mac?

It seems as though the Windows version is interfering with Roon and finding a false positive for a virus in one of the Roon files; perhaps it is the same on MacOS as well?

1 Like

Thanks Geoff, but no.
A workaround is to start Roon before Roon Server (both on my iMac).

I have the same problem. The “Select an audio zone” shows only my current computer, without Sonos or other Chromecast devices. Also songs through Chromecast are playing with interruption at beginning, or they don’t play at all, and some songs are being skipped.

I have tried re-authenticating Tidal, but no result. What plays in the local computer works, but not if it’s streamed.

Hey @Highfi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you… would you please share your setup details if this is still an issue?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Thank you @beka and apologies for belated reply.

Issue persists.
Workaround also persists :slight_smile: (start Roon before Roon Server).

Core Machine

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017, CPU 4,2Ghz Quad Core Intel Core i7, RAM: 40GB), MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Network Details

Speedport Plus supplied by provider (speed: 29Mbps down/5.37 up)

Audio Devices

dCS Network Bridge via ethernet from iMac to Benchmark DAC3 via coaxial

Library Size

250,000 tracks

Hey @Highfi,

Thanks for finding a moment to share the information we needed :pray:

I’ve passed this on to our technical team so they can evaluate the situation and share their insight :nerd_face:

Hi @Highfi

Sorry for the delay!

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)?

Thanks!

Log link sent in PM, thanks!