Roon on iOS lists no devices but all devices appear on MacOS Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
2019 iMac Roon 1.7 (Build 528)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear orbi 2 statelite system. iMac running roon core and Pro-ject streambox are hardwired to each satellite. This issue even happened on my old Apple AirPort extreme system.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Pro-Ject S2 Streambox

Description Of Issue
Quite often, when using the iOS Roon application, it shows there are no devices to play to. The devices are all Roon certified devices.

If I look at my Roon Core application I can see all my devices there. If I exit the Roon core and restart it the devices will eventually show up on the iOS Roon application.

My primary device is a Pro-Ject s2 stream box ultra, I can always connect to it via its iOS application.

Seems like the core knows about the devices but the remote app can’t find them?

Hi @Ira_Chavis,

When this issue occurs, you don’t see any devices in your iOS remote Roon Settings -> Audio tab, not even the iOS speaker output?

Is there any change in behavior if you force quit the Roon app and restart it?

Can you try the changes listed in our Networking Best Practices Guide for Orbi?

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

I have set that and will test if over the next few days. Thank you!

1 Like

That fixed it, thank you!

1 Like

Glad to hear of the good resolution! Hope you have a great rest of your day @Ira_Chavis.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.