Roon on iPhone completely stopped working

Should I try and reinstall the Roon operating system from the 192.168.1.111 tab?

Also, under RoonARC tab, it failed to connect and gave this code for support:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“68.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I don’t have a Nucleus, so not sure what may happen if the reinstall does not work. Maybe others in the Community can weigh in here.

The ARC error may be related to a UPnP configuration issue on your router, but may not be related to what you are seeing with no audio devices being available to you, even from the PC that is shown in your screenshot.

So how long does it take for support to chime in?

And I’m reinstalling the OS because I’m not gonna sit here doing nothing all night. My PC can talk to the stupid thing, clearly, because I’m able to reboot it from the 192.xxxxx tab. So it is talking to it that way, just the app connection seems to not work.

Re-install was successful, but nothing changed. Still not connecting.

From your PC, go to Roon - Settings - Audio and see if you can see your end points.

There’s nothing there under Audio. Big fat blank.

So the problem is more than just your iPhone app. Something is wrong with your Roon database on your Nucleus I would guess. I’ll let someone else tell you how to fix that lest I give you bad instructions.

I can’t answer for Roon support, but they monitor these posts and will reach out to you. Did you purchase the Nucleus from Roon or a dealer? If from a dealer, they also may be an avenue for support. If from Roon, then this forum is the approach to contact them.

I bought it from Roon. So I guess I just have to wait and regret buying this stupid thing and my lifetime subscription.

It might be as simple as using Windows file explorer and going to Nucleus - Data and renaming RoonServer to RoonServer_old, but don’t do that on my account. I could be leading you in the wrong direction.

Do you have a recent backup of Roon and your music files just in case?

1 Like

Hi @Michael_McGowan,

Thank you for your patience in awaiting an official response from Roon. I see that Robert, Ace, and Jim have tried to be of assistance. One of the things that were mentioned was mentioned by Jim and I think he might be on to something. The concern I have for the integrity of your databases springs from both your situation and the fact that 100% of the DB drive is available. Let’s try starting things with a fresh instance of Roon and RAAT to try and correct the problem:

What’s Next?

Install Roon fresh on your Core machine and rolling back to one of your older backups. You can use these instructions to do so:

• Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  • (Optional) - Restore your database from a Backup prior to the issue starting

If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately, the only other solution is to start with a fresh database.

Please let me know how things go for you.

Wes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.