BT Hub
WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

B&W A5

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Core is sometimes not able to be connected to from remotes

I have 2 cores one of which is redundant

When I login it asks on computer with core it refuses to keep me logged in so I cannot access core on main computer.

How do I

A: get rid of redundant core

&

B: Ensure that I can access the core that is in use and not have to log in every time.

Thanks

Hello @James_Denney,

Thanks for taking a moment to let us know what you’re experiencing. It’d be my pleasure to clarify how things work and propose solutions.

The Roon system was designed to be run on one Core and as many outputs and control devices as you have in your system. This is why, a Roon subscription can be used just on one Core at any given moment. It seems like you’re trying to use one subscription on two Cores - this is possible, but, as you’ve seen yourself, it does involve unauthorizing the previous session before logging in.

Once you’ve decided which device you want to use as a Roon Core, log in. Go ahead and click on unauthorize if you’re prompted to - you won’t be losing any of your data. Then, as you’re launching Roon on you second computer, please, make sure to use it as a control (or remote) as described here:

That way, one of the devices will be your Roon Core and the second computer will be used as a remote to control Roon.

After this, you shouldn’t need to log in every time you turn on Roon.

Please, let me know if I missed anything :nerd_face:

Hey @James_Denney,

A month later, I wanted to follow up and see if accessing your Core has improved after knowing the information above.

Can we help with anything? :nerd_face:

I reinstalled the core and it works well however the remotes still seem to lose connection every now and again even after disabling 2.4ghz wifi and connecting the core directly to the network by ethernet rather than wifi. It does appear the remotes now lose connection less often but when they do I am forced to restart the core.

Please will you let me know if there are any other ways I can approach this issue?

Thanks

Hey @James_Denney,

Thank you for following up on our latest check-in post :nerd_face:

I appreciate your update and I am happy to hear that the issue is less frequent. Let’s take a closer look at it :nerd_face:

1. What devices are you using as Roon remotes?
  2. Are they updated to the latest and same Roon version that is running on your Core?
  3. Is the connection lost at random times, or is there a trigger that you can identify (for example, every time I start playing to two zones simultaneously)?

Hi Rebeka

The remotes lose connection randomly whilst playing music from the core to an endpoint. The endpoint continues to play and the core remains active.

The core is running latest update as are remotes.

All remotes lose connection at the same time for no apparent reason.

Thanks for your help

James