Roon on Mac does not support HID-commands?

Hi. I use Roon on both Windows and Mac with a Hegel H590. I use the USB-input on the amplifier and whenever i press Play/Pause on the remote control it sends HID-commands to the computer attached. When i play through Roon on Windows, this works great and i can control Roon via the remote, but on Mac this does not work. When i press Play/Pause on the remote, iTunes opens instead. I know the Mac is not the issue here, because if i open Spofity, Play/Pause on the remote will control it just fine over USB.

I am running Roon Version 1.5 (build 354) with macOS Mojave 10.14

I assume this is a bug, but i dont know where to post that so i am trying here in Support.

Hello @Oyvind_Schibsted,

With the latest MacOS Mojave update, Apple has changed the way HID and media key commands are registered with the system, requiring that applications request accessibility permissions in order to respond to them. In Roon, if you go to the Settings > Setup screen, you should see an option labeled “MacOS Media Key Support”. Clicking the “grant permissions” button should open the correct MacOS preference pane, allowing Roon to see and respond to media key presses. Let me know if this resolves your issue!

-John

1 Like

Thanks John, this worked great. I do not understand how Spotify does this, as they were not in the “Grant permission” list, but thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.