Roon on Macbook i7 will no longer stream Tidal

Roon Core Machine

Macbook Pro i7, 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google WiFi, on Telstra NBN - typical download 35 mbps

Connected Audio Devices

Bowers and Wilkins Formation Duo speakers. Roon ready, WiFi connection.

Description of Issue

Since the Roon core application upgraded recently, I have had worsening issues with streaming Tidal. It’s now become a100% failure. The Roon error message is “TIDAL media is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem.”. However, when I switch to using the Bowers and Wilkins direct Tidal link on the speakers, the music stream seamlessly.

I’ve tried rebooting everything multiple times, and I’m not running any DSP. After 3 months of trouble-free and enjoyable use of Roon it’s now useless to me.

Roon is not accessing any locally stored music in the Library. I’m just using Tidal at the moment having dropped Qobuz.

Any suggestions please. I’ve been planning to migrate to a Roon Nucleus or and NUC with ROCK, but I won’t invest further while it claims to fail on Tidal connectivity.

Hey @Gerard_Shutt I’v enabled diagnostics so our team can get some more insight into what’s going on here. Can you boot up your core and try playing some music? That will automatically generate and send a diagnostics report to us, then we’ll take a deeper look.

Thanks!

Thanks. Sorry, I’ve been off line for a while over Christmas. I downloaded and reinstalled Roon on my Mac and I am able to stream music from Tidal again, but I still get intermittent issues with play halting and the error message appearing. I have been booting up and using Roon regularly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.