QNAP TS-451+ with 16GB RAM and QTS 5.0.0.2055
Core: Roon ver 1.8 (build 1021)
Remote: Roon ver 1.8 (build 1021) /Windows 11 64b, 54GB RAM
Bridge: ver 1.8 (build 943) /as above

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link 1Gb Ethernet switch

Connected Audio Devices

a) Devialet Phantom (WiFi)
b) Rotel RBB-1580 DAC (LAN to Roon bridge on PC then USB to DAC)
c) On-board Asus Crystal Sound 3 audio on the PC (LAN to Roon bridge on PC then headphones)
Roon remote on the same PC

Number of Tracks in Library

924 albums

Description of Issue

Roon core runs on QNAP NAS and has devices a), b) and c) above enabled/configured. It occasionally foregets b) and c) but not a). May be related to the fact that a) is always on and the PC with b) and c) gets powered off and on.

Hey @tmaks,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for taking the time to write in! It’s great to see you on community again.

To confirm, do you see devices B and C disconnect while both are active and turned on, during listening? Otherwise, this sounds like it could be expected behavior. Any additional details around the issue and your process to encounter the problem would be helpful.

If possible, please try to route your core directly to your router, bypassing your ethernet switch (just to test network reliability here.) Lastly, if you see this issue happen, please grab a timestamp (date,time) of when it happens next and let me know. That way, our team can enable diagnostics on your account to take a deeper look.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

I cannot listen to devices B and C because they show up as not enabled/configured in Audio settings when this happens. I need to re-enable and re-configure them. So the core does see them at all times (when they are on) but does not remember that it had them enabled/configured.

Hey @tmaks,

Thanks for the information. If both B and C devices get powered off, it is expected behavior that they’d need to be re-enabled.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions :+1:

They get powwered off and on together with the PC that hosts them and runs Roon bridge/remote. And most of the time the configuration survives these power cycles. The problem occurs something like once in a few weeks so it does not look like a feature by design.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @tmaks,

Thanks for letting me know. Please reproduce the issue, grab a timestamp and share it here. From there, our team will enable diagnostics on your account and take a look at what might be going on at the time of the issue :+1:

I think I found one possible cause: the config does not survive Windows Update OS actualizations. It ran ~2 days ago on my PC.