Roon on Nucleus - lost connection today

My nucleus keeps losing connection today. About 8 times in 10 hours.
I have reboot it but it’s still doing it
I know it’s not my internet network because I ve blue sound os to my pulse speaker and it is playing fine.
The question is, is it temporarily and known problem.

Hi @Ayodele_Akande

I enabled diagnostics so I could take a look at what’s going on. Unfortunately, it looks like the Nucleus was rebooted after the crashes were happening, so I wasn’t able to get as much information as I had hoped. If you see this happen again, please let me know and don’t reboot and I’ll take a look.

It has happened 3 times since my post. Usually recovers within 15 minutes

Thanks, @Ayodele_Akande — Ran diagnostics, will check with the team on this and get back to you soon.

Hi,
Any update, this is unplayable now. Doing it so frequent. Every 4/5 tracks. Although I did get 4+ hours play on Radio.
Also, I get other error message Remote Connection, waiting for remote core.

What is your network details, Ethernet, WiFi? Etc

Connected via Ethernet to EE Switch to BT Router.

Streaming to Auralic VEGA G2 via ethernet

Nucleus with 2TB SSD installed (only about 1.2TB used)

Hi,
Any update. The problem is still there. Almost unplayable today with local files or streaming Tidal. Stopping after about 4 tracks, but I did get 4 hours of Radio before it stopped.
The message is different after the Radio stopped - “Remote connection waiting for core…” whereas yesterday, it was lost connection

Hi,
Instead of waiting indefinitely for your response…
I decided to trouble-shoot it and i think found why the error happened. After several hours changing the settings. It was simply the down to "DSP options: Sample Rate conversion. I disabled it and back in business.

My Concern between ROON and End point Devices;
Every updates are resulting in losing a feature/facility. So far I’ve lost 2;
[1]. I used to output USB digital to Auralic Vega G2 - out of the blue, it was randomly spitting out white noise. Conclusion after Roon investigation, Auralic admitted that Vega is not optimised for Roon USB output.
[2]. Looks like i cant use DSP options anymore, i wonder who is at fault this time round.

Unfortunately i couldn’t leave Roon - lifetime subscription. Already ordered Bluesound NODE (2021) to try Amazon HD/Ultra and other services like Apple music to see if money could be saved. I wonder when these new services will appear in Roon.

However, Roon/Auralic - What next? A little explanation wouldn’t go amiss

Regards
Ayo

Thanks for the update, @Ayodele_Akande

I’m glad to hear that things seem to be working for you with DSP disabled.

It’s hard to say for sure just yet why DSP is causing this behavior for you now. Can you share some screenshots of what your DSP settings were?

How large is your library?