Roon on Samsung Tab E won't respond to screen touches

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I’ve been using Roon for some time, but suddenly when I try to control it from my Samsung tablet, it doesn’t respond to attempts to select an audio zone, bring down a menu, search – whatever. I went so for today as to uninstall the app and then install the latest version from the Play Store.

I get a new (to me) screen “Here’s what’s going on in your library today” but I can’t interact with it. I see “Select an Audio Zone” at the bottom of the screen, but tapping that does nothing.

Suggestions, please!

Hi @John_Lemke,

I’ve moved your post to the #support section of the forum and added in some pro forma questions.
It will help @support to aid you if your could you edit your post complete.

Regards,
Carl

Hi @,

Our team is currently investigating this issue and we are hoping you can provide us with some additional data:

• Can you describe your Core and networking setup?
  • Is there any change after rebooting the device?
  • What version of Android does the device run?
  • Are other remote devices working okay?

Thanks!

Gee, thanks for the quick attention!

• I’m using ROCK on a NUC7i7BNH, hardwired from my router to the NUC but wirelessly from the tablet.
  • I see no change when I power down and restart the tablet; maybe you’re wondering about rebooting the core? Haven’t tried that.
  • The tablet is running the current version of Android, at least based on the fact that it found no available updates today. Ah! The version is 7.1.1
  • Roon Remote on my Google Pixel 4 XL works fine, using the same output (to an Anthem receiver, if that matters). I also have Roon Remote installed on my PC to drive desktop speakers hardwired to it; that runs fine.
  • Other apps on the tablet seem to be running fine as well, at least judging by my grandson’s favorite app, Toca Kitchen.

Thanks for the details, @John_Lemke!

The team is looking into this and we will be sure to update you as soon as we have more information about this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Build 521 broke two out of three of my music kiosk computers

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.