Roon on SonicTransporter not fully communicating with ROON [SOLVED]

[SOLVED] I’ll leave this post here in case it helps someone in the future. My home laptop (running roon to control the SonicTransporter) is tied to my office network domain. In messing around to be able to see my ST files via internet explorer, I clicked on the SonicTransporter listing in network, and it asked me for my work domain credentials. I entered these credentials to be able to see the files on the ST, and when I later went back to the Roon controller on my Win laptop, I saw that now thousands of albums were being identified, my roon profile picture showed up, and the lyrics were being found. (note however, that this had nothing to do with fixing my missing tracks problem).

===========================

I reported this in another problem report related to corrupt files being reported, but this is likely a different problem. Other thread:

a. I notice that my user profile picture doesn’t show up. When I go to roon settings > account, nothing is there except a message saying “error retrieving account information”. Clicking ‘reload’ button gives same message.

b. SonicTransporter seems to be connecting to internet just fine. I can play internet radio streams via roon on ST. Also, ST log reports the following:

Output of https://accounts5.roonlabs.com/geoip/1/lookup
{"country":"US","state":"XX","city":"XXXXXX","postalcode":"XXXXXX","latitude"XXXX,"longitude":-XXXX,"ipaddress":"70.185.99.95","status":"Success"}

(identifying info replaced with XXXX by me above)

b. On the win8.1 machine I have roon installed on (to control the ST), I often get a popup message regarding updates being available. I go to details, it tells me 1.2 (stable build 168) ready to install. I click to install, it shows downloading progress, but finishes with “there was an error checking for update”. (current Windows roon is 165, and ST is running 1.2 (165).

c. Under information about my audio files (spinning circle in top right), it shows of 93,395 tracks, 93,395 added, 0 identified. (note that when I look at particular albums in my roon interface, many albums do show up with biographies, dates about release of album, composer,etc., could this happen if not identified?). Also, I note that in library ZERO “lyrics found” is reported in overview, although thousands of biographies and pictures are reported.

It seems my SonicTransporter roon core is not fully communicating with Roon. The ST is new, I haven’t installed anything on it, and right now it only has the roon core and drive mounting applications added. Connected via ethernet.