Roon on SonicTransporter suddenly won't access NAS [Solved - Mounted NAS by IP Address]

Hello @Gustavo_Gabaldon,

I have just received the report back from QA and they have noticed signs of network instability. Specifically, there are some Name Resolution Failures present and the connection to RoonServer is failing as well at times. This could be a cause for the behavior you’re seeing or it could be something else.

Can you please let me know the model/manufacturer of your router, model/manufacturer of any switches, range extenders, powerline adapters, ect?

To resolve the Name Resolution Failures, I suggest updating your router’s DNS settings to Google’s DNS using these instructions:

To do this step you have to access your Router’s config page. For example, if you are using a TP-Link router, you can use instructions similar to this video:

I would try using 8.8.8.8 as your primary DNS and 8.8.4.4. as your secondary DNS as per Google’s DNS Config Article.

As for the main issue at hand, Roon is showing the error

10/22 11:08:44 Debug: [roon/cifs] returned 32: mount error(2): No such file or directory when attempting to mount //10.0.0.14/My Syn

Does this folder still exist on the NAS and you have posted it correctly? The folder name may be case-sensitive so I would double check.

Also, do you have Windows File Service enabled on the Synology NAS? I have seen a report where enabling this setting helped.

Please let me know if any of my above suggestions help here.

Thanks,
Noris