Roon on the SMS 200 ultra

Hello Eric I just purchased the SOtM SMS 200 Ultra. I have activated Roon on the page and it shows as active. I have downloaded Roon on my iPad Pro 10.5" which has the latest OS on it but I can’t it can’t seem to find the SMS200 Ultra and connect it to Roon.

I have also gone in to settings and set the Path Name for the My Qnap nas where my Media is, The SMS 200Ultra finds my DAC

Please let me know in which way you can help.

Cheers
Mustafa

Hi @mustafa_kaiser ------ Thank you for the PM. I have went ahead and made this a public topic as we usual handle any support related questions out on the “support” section of community so other users have access to any information being shared, should they find themselves in a similar situation.

In regard to your question. The SMS 200ultra is a Roon Ready device, which means the application will automatically detect it on your network when in an active state. However, this device is not your Roon core. The Roon core must be ran on separate Windows, OSX, or Linux based device (Desktop computer, laptop, NUC).

FYI: Roon User Guide

-Eric

Hi Eric thanks much!!!

Are you saying I still need to have roon running on my iMac? I did download it on my mac but that can’t find the SMS200 ultra as well…

Hi @mustafa_kaiser ----- Thank you for the follow up and more importantly, thank you for your patience. Apologies for the slow response.

Moving forward, to help me better understand your current setup, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

• When you downloaded Roon on the iMac, did you select that device to be your “core” as seen in the example below?

• Can you please provide a screenshot of your “audio” tab in Roon, which is located under “settings”.

• Just to confirm, “Roon” is still active on the SMS200Ultra?

-Eric