Roon on Windows 10 starts normal but stops after 20 seconds

I have Roon installed on a headless server with Windows 10 (Version 2004, installed 04.11.2020). The system worked well without any problems since about 2 years. Since about 2 or 3 days it happened, that after having started roon automatically roon stopped after about 1 hour without any warning. Since yesterday it is even worse. Now roon stopps automaticaly about 20 seconds after being startet either automatically or manual. I have no chance to prevent from stopping and no idea what could be the reason. I had not done any operation on my Windows or Roon system during the last weeks except just regular playing music. Need Help.

Hi, @HGeorg, sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you, please, follow instructions listed here and share an archive with Roon logs from your Windows machine with me?

Thanks!

Ivan

I have made a zipp folder but I dont have access to dropbox or similar services. Please show me an alternative way to send to you the zipp folder.

Sure thing, @HGeorg. I sent you a private message with further instructions.

Thanks!

Ivan

I am having the same problem ever since the last windows 10 update. This started with Windows 10 Version 20H2.

I am still in contact with the support team concerning this issue. The roon team told me that they have reproduced my problem and they plan to implement a solution with the next software update version of roon which is currently in a testing stage. I am waiting hopefully.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.