Roon on Windows freezes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core running on Nucleus+, v1.8, build 756
Windows 10 PC
Android phone

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Nuc+ on Ethernet, PC and phone are WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB output to DAC

Description Of Issue

Roon continually freezing on startup on my PC. Can’t make any selection. Able to control and play files fine on my phone. I have rebooted my PC and the Nuc+ several times with same result. Thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling Roon on my PC. Should I include ‘settings and databases’ or will that wipe off my server?

As an update, I uninstalled the application files, then downloaded a clean copy of Roon and installed it. Finally, things were unfrozen and I could navigate and make selections. However, again when I click on Composers then WA Mozart, it all freezes up again. This makes 1.8 unusable in this way. I presume since it work on my phone it is not a data issue but an Windows application one.

I looked at Camille Saint-Saens in Composer view. When I clicked on Discography, the album icons were all greyed out. I was able to still navigate. Then I disabled Tidal, my only service, and I can now bring up Mozart in Composer view. Truly buggy support folks!

One (I hope) last update. I re-enabled Tidal and now I can look at Composer >> Mozart > Discography, also Search >> Mozart >> Discography and no longer crash. So appears to be a gremlin via Tidal.

8571 albums with composer credits, not too shabby,

Hi @rcaudio ,

Are you still having any further difficulties or has the system been stable since your last message? If you need further assistance here, please let us know!

No, I’m good. After I installed 1.8 I had to disable Tidal and re- enable it, then it worked correctly.

Richard

1 Like