Roon only showing 151 artists in library, but I have 983 artists in my Tidal library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air 2014 with latest Catalina

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WIFI

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iFI Black Label Nano DSD connected via USB

Description Of Issue

roon is only showing 151 artists in my library, but I have 983 artists in my Tidal library.

What do I do?

I assume this relates to your other post? You need to add releases to Roon using TIDAL favourites.

I have to manually add my Tidal catalog into roon?

No this doesn’t relate to my other post (sorry to post 2 questions btw) that’s about adding new artists to my Tidal catalog through roon.

This is about roon only showing 151 out of 983 artists in my existing Tidal Catalog in “artists” view.

That’s not a problem … ask away! :slight_smile:

If you have already favourited an album in TIDAL it will appear in Roon. When you add a TIDAL album in Roon it becoms a TIDAL favourite.

Favouriting artists in TIDAL has no affect in Roon. As mentioned in your other post you need to add an album for a given artist for them to appear in Roon.

So roon doesn’t import my Tidal catalog? I thought that was the whole point.

Here are 2 screenshots showing my artist view, an a website called “tunemymusic” which is meant for transferring catalogs between music services, but it shows how many artists I have in my Tidal catalog.

The same answer I posted in your other thread…Roon will add your favored Tidal albums and tracks to your Roon library. Then Roon will download metadata for your Roon albums and tracks. That includes artist among other things. Roon will not add artist unless there is an album or track by that artist in your Roon library.

Of course, you can search in Roon for artist, albums, tracks, etc. that are not in your Roon library.

I think you have posted three threads asking this same question. Unless, we’re not understanding the question, I’m not sure what answer you’re looking for. Just favor the tracks and albums in Tidal. They will show up in Roon in your library. Roon will download the metadata for each of them. That’s it.

Also, to my knowledge, Roon does not send information to Tidal. Roon gets information from Tidal.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.