Roon pauses intermittently

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel NUC 8i7BEH 256Gb Samsung Evo 9 SSD, 32Gb RAM(ROON ROCK/System info/Roon 1.7 build number 528).
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Xfinity 1Gb fiber modem/router Supra ethernet cable to NUC.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Roon AIR wifi to Devialet Expert D200.

Description Of Issue
Roon intermittently pauses - moving the track slider or going to next track will restart and pplay otherwise it will remain paused.

This happens completely randomly from once in a hour to several times in a few minutes.

Hello @Lee_Clark and welcome to the community! I’d like to know more about the behavior you’re noticing. When this issue occurs:

• If you play to another endpoint does this happen, or is it exclusive to the Devialet?
  • Does this happen with specific content (streaming/local/specific qualities)

Let me know and we’ll move from there!

I have just one endpoint. F=Devialet D200.

I plat Tidal and Qobuz, happens on both.

Hello @Lee_Clark,

How about local content? Same experience? Also, could you run an internet speed test and let me know the results? Thanks!

I don’t have/use local content.

Internet speed is Xfinity USA fiber running at 1Gb up and down.

Many thanks,

Hello @Lee_Clark, I’ve got some ideas to help us narrow down what going on. Could you try playing to the system output of a remote? This will help us determine if the issue stems from your endpoint.

If I understand you correctly, you want me to play the sound output from the ipad I use as a remote?

Hey @Lee_Clark, that’s correct! Let me know what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.