Roon pauses randomly

Support? All I see is the ability to read about other peoples problems. How can I contact roon about my problem? My. Roon player goes into pause mode at random. Could play for 5 minutes, or an hour. You never know. What I do know is that I will have to get up and turn it back on several times when I listen to my files with roon. Any help you may have of course would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Steve

I’ve moved your post into a thread of its own, so it can receive proper attention by Roon @support.

In the mean time, you may want to add a few more details, as described here:

1 Like

Thank you for the report @Steven_Wallace and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, as asked in @RBM 's post above, please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using the provided link as a guide. Additionally…

• Do you notice this behavior with all of your endpoints or just some of them?

• Based on your description (i.e “my files”) I am assuming you experience these random pauses when using your locally stored content. How does TIDAL content behavior?

• You mentioned the following:

“What I do know is that I will have to get up and turn it back on several times when I listen to my files with roon.”

• When you perform the above action what are you rebooting exactly? An endpoint? Your core machine?

-Eric

No, i don’t have to reboot anything. I use the Antipodes DX server exclusively to play the CDs that i have loaded on it, no tidal or other streaming services are in use. As i said, the Roon interface simply goes into pause mode at random, as if i had pushed the pause button, when no one is anywhere near it. Then i have to go push the play button to continue listening. I’m not sure what you are referring to when you talk about “end points”.

Hi @Steven_Wallace,
You will recall that I pointed out a couple of weeks ago that I thought your Internet download speed at 5.6Mbps was low. Have you investigated upgrading your service?
Regards,
Tony

1 Like

Yes, I called Comcast and they said that I have the fastest service they offer. 150 Mbps download, 20 Mbps upload. not sure why it showed 5.6 at the time you checked.

Thank you for touching base, @Steven_Wallace. Appreciated!

In regard to my question(s):

“Do you notice this behavior with all of your endpoints or just some of them?”

“When you perform the above action what are you rebooting exactly? An endpoint? Your core machine?”

An “endpoint” is another way of saying where the music is being played through/to. For example, currently, I have a NUC hosting ROCK and a MicroRendu feeding into PS Audio DAC. This would be considered my “endpoint” (MR + PS DAC).

-Eric

Yes, the music stops periodically weather I am listening to the spdf (rca) to Chordette EX DAC, to amp, as well as the AES EBU to Schitt Audio Yggdrasil DAC, to Bryston SP3 processor, to amp.

Hi @Steven_Wallace ---- Thank you for verifying that information for me.

As it has not been stated yet, please confirm that I have the details of your setup correctly:

• Core = Antipodes DX
  • Storage = Antipodes DX ( CDs you have ripped from your collection, no TIDAL account).
  • Endpoints = Chordette EX DAC / Schitt Audio Yggdrasil DAC / Bryston SP3 processor

Additionally, you must have devices acting as remotes and my assumption is that it is on these units where you are having to “get up and turn it back on several times” when using Roon. Please confirm the make/model of your Roon remotes.

Furthermore, please provide the following:

• A screenshot of your Signal Path leaving Roon during playback.

• Please reproduce the issue and note the time when the error occurred and the track that was playing when the “pause” happened. Once I have this information I will enable diagnostics on your account so our tech team can have a closer look into this behavior.

-Eric

This is what SpeedTest showed:

It might be worth checking it regularly.

1 Like

How do I check this speed myself?

I just used the speed test app; 155 download. I have no idea why it might have been down to 5 when you were looking at it.

Steve Wallace