I’ve got some weird behaviour when playing back on my W10 (fully updated) x64 PC that I hope someone can help me with. Roon is running on the PC fine as a server, and the front end piece is running as well. It is configured to use ‘System Output’ for playing. I have a Creative Soundblaster Z soundcard installed.
When I select a track or album, I get no sound and the player ‘skips’ through the track(s). If I play ‘Radio’ it continues skipping through tracks (i.e. not playing them but they flash up on the player window) until I close the app - pausing doesn’t work).
In Audio Settings, the volume says it is Fixed Output, but it isn’t (or I haven’t chosen this). I am able to play music fine in my other music management apps (iTunes, Media Monkey and JRMC - the latter two are using the same FLAC files as Roon, iTunes uses an MP3 library).
I have a feeling that there are a coupleof things going on here, but I’d be grateful for any pointers. Let me know if there’s any further information required.