ROON Play Button Gone

Small Green Computer MicroJukebox. Roon Server 1.6 (build 416) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All working fine.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Kef LSX

Description Of Issue

Up until today, I have been away for a week, the following from the Roon FAQ was true:
# FAQ: What play options are available for artists, albums, composers, genres, and tracks?

When you see something you like in Roon, you generally have 2 options for how you want to play it: Play, and Radio.

Now I only have a “Shuffle” button that I cannot change.

Really need to get back to the play button as I never want to “Shuffle” as “Roon Radio” does that perfectly.

Let me know what I need to do to get back to the correct way to play music.

Cheers

Well I do not know what I did wrong, nor what I have done right to restore the status quo.

I reset everything to default and that did not fix it. I customised by turning off everything but “play” and that did not fix it. I shut down Roon Server and Roon Control and that did not fix it.

I wrote the above question and pick up the control tablet and the “play” button is back, with shuffle banished.

Happy with outcome, but would also appreciate any sage advice that might explain what I did wrong, so I might fix it with knowledge, not dumb luck.

Cheers

Hi @Dorothy_Newby,

I’m glad things are working for you now!

Generally, as long as your Play Actions settings are correct this should work for you. It’s hard to say exactly why things weren’t working for you at the time since they are now. Often times, if you’re experiencing an issue, a reboot of the Core is a good place to start, but outside of that if you experience this issue again please let us know and we can take a closer look.

Happy listening :headphones:

Okay, rebooting Core and will reset to factory settings for second time this morning because the “shuffle disease” is back. I need to know what I am doing wrong that this keeps happening now, having never happened in the previous 3 months.

I do need a fix for this as spend 1/2 to 1 hour every time I start Roon to fix it is not good.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Dorothy_Newby,

I’m sorry to hear that this behavior returned. I’m assuming you did the reboots as mentioned above and that things are working, but if you see this happen again can you please share a screenshot of what you’re seeing in Roon along with a screenshot of your Play Actions settings?