Roon playback stopping after 15 seconds to two minutes for no apparent reason

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Home/i7 8700k; 16gb RAM/Roon 1.6; build 416 stable (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Using on Wifi- 300mbps fiber connection; router gear is ISP provided ie non-branded (had the same issue with two other routers though)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Using a Chord Hugo 2 with optical

Description Of Issue

No playback issues with Amazon Music/Spotify/Qobuz; I use Tidal with Roon and music playback randomly stops- after 30 seconds/1 minute/15 minutes etc
I do not see any error messages, music just stops.

Really frustrating…

Hello @Nick_Yanakiev,

Could you upload a set of Roon Logs so that we can have the QA team take a look?

Information about where your Roon Logs are stored can be found here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Logs

You can use Firefox Send to upload the logs to us:

-John

Hi John,

All done- link below:

Thanks,
Nick

Just tried again- all worked fine for 2 minutes but playback has stopped again. Back to Spotify until this gets resolved, I suppose.

Hello @Nick_Yanakiev,

There are multiple traces in the logs pointing to errors caused by the Realtek driver. There is a known issue with the Realtek driver that will break audio playback for all devices connected to the PC.

We recommend uninstalling the driver completely using “Device Manager”. The default windows drivers should provide the same functionality and will not interfere with playback to other devices. Please be sure to reboot your computer after uninstalling the driver.

-John

1 Like

It seems this worked, thank you @john

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.