ROON playback stops after 10 sec. On BluOS set-up

Hi ROON,

I really would appreciate some help. I am having an on-going issue with my ROON set-up that is prohibiting playback of the songs stored on my Nucleus+.

FYI I tried reaching out here ~2 weeks ago but was unable to reply back to the person that responded (Noris).

Here’s what I got:
Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus +, iOS Remotes, Blue Sound Pulse2 speaker and NAD 368 w/ BluOs Module (NAD amp wired to Floor Speakers).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

DSL to Router (Motorola MG7550 16x4 Cable Modem plus AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with Power Boost, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0). ROON and NAD Amp are connected to the router via LAN lines.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD 368 w/ BluOs Module (NAD amp wired to Floor Speakers) + Blue Sound Pulse2 speaker. Pulse2 connects by bluetooth, Floor speakers wired to the NAD

Description Of Issue

When I try and use ROON via my iOS remote, I go though my library and chose an album/song and hit play. The song starts to play to the Pulse2 speaker but the sound quits after 10 secs…even though it continues to appear like it is playing on the remote. I pause it and try to play again (by hitting the play arrow on the remote). No response, no sound. If I quit the ROON remote and relaunch it, the selection will start playing out of the Pulse2 again but just for 10 seconds and then clicks off with no sound coming through the Pulse2 speaker even though playback appears to be continuing. This has been continuing for weeks.

A couple of things of note:

• After the song playing via ROON stops (no longer audible over the speaker) on the ROON remote still shows that the song is ‘playing’ with the curser moving along the track.

• I am able to use the BluOs app on my phone to stream music (from my iTunes library) and it plays fine out of both the Pulse2 and my NAD connected floor speakers. The problem only exists when using ROON with the library I have stored on the Nucleus+ (I am not using ROON to stream content)

• When I turn on the NAD Amplifier, the display on the amplifier shows the last song/group that was played via the BluOS app. Then when I try to play a new song via the ROON remote, the ROON song title appears on the NAD screen (replacing the BluOS song title) for the 10 seconds that the ROON audio plays to the Pulse2 speaker. When the sound cuts out from the speaker (10 secs in as described) the song title playing via ROON disappears from the NAD display. And the display returns to the previous BluOs title.

• A few times in the past month, regular playback started to work on its own, ie both zones played regularly and without an issue for several hours (Bliss). It was only after stopping and trying the next day that the same issue re-appeared and ROON playback was impossible again (Frustrating).

Appreciate any help you can provide to resolve this!

Thanks,
David

@support

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nucleus+ drops connection with BluSound/BluOs players and stops playback