Roon Playback Stops or Track Is Skipped [Fixed in build 157]

Roon Version: 1.2 (build 154) stable (64 bit)
Operating System: Windows 10
Windows 10 PC: Dell XPS-8500 i7-3770 CPU, 32 GB RAM + SSD drive for Roon and OS
Music Stored: Synology 1511+ NAS
Number of Tracks: 38,000 - mix of flac (16/44, 24/44, 24/48, 24/88, 24/96, 24/176, 24/192) and DSF (DSD64) files
Current DAC: Devialet D200 (Previous DAC Bryston BDA-3)
Music Renderer: Sonicorbiter SE
Streaming App: Devialet AIR3
Network: Router AT&T U-verse NVG599 (firmware is up to date), Netgear GS108Tv2 Switch at Dell PC, TRENDnet TEG-S16Dg Switch at Devialet D200 connected via TRENDnet TPL-421E2K/A (AV2) Powerline Adapter. Direct hardwire solution is not an option, but I’ve been streaming hi-res files using these switches and various Powerline Adapters for years without issue.

Prior to August, I was using a Bryston BDA-3 DAC with the setup above (excluding the Devialet components). The Music Renderer was the Sonicorbiter SE unit using the RoonReady app. Using that configuration, I had no issues.

In August, I purchased a Devialet D200 and replaced the Bryston BDA-3 DAC. I continued to use the Sonicorbiter SE unit and began having issues whenever I had tracks with mixed resolutions in my queue. If there were two tracks in the queue with different resolutions, the first track always played fine, but the second track did not play. Roon would read track two’s information and display the song title and other attributes, but the track would not play. If I hit skip back, then skip forward, track two would play. If there were three tracks in my queue and tracks 1 and 2 had different resolutions, after track 1 completed, track 2 would be skipped and track 3 would play fine even if it’s resolution was different than track 1. This happens whether I use the Sonicorbiter SE RoonReady app (USB input on Devialet) or the Devialet AIR3 app (Ethernet input on Devialet) to stream the files.

If I use the Sonicorbiter SE HQPlayer App - all tracks play fine since they are all sent to the Devialet with the same format/resolution DSD64. I would prefer not to convert everything to DSD64 and leave my PCM based tracks as is.

I have experimented with changing the Resync Delay when using both the RoonReady and AIR3 apps to no avail.

My Sonicorbiter SE settings are as follows:

My AIR3 settings are as follows:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely this issue.

A fix is coming.

Cheers, Greg

Is it a Roon issue? Any idea when the fix will be released?

Yes, it’s a Roon issue. Not sure when, but probably soon.

Cheers, Greg

A fix went live in Build 157! Happy listening!

-Eric