Roon playing DXD [Ticket Open] [Work Around]

Yes. Roon successfully imported the converted tracks/albums.

Thanks again for your help.

2 Likes

@support the recent issue experienced by Whya_Duck is that on Mac Roon does not support import of floating point AIFF. Please confirm floating point AIFF and floating point WAV are not meant to be supported by Roon on Mac, Windows and Roon OS.

Hey @wklie,

I wanted to chime in and let you know what I found out from our team about this so far. WAV float should work fine. However, AIFF float does not work.

Please, do let us know if you notice anything different :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thanks, Rebeka. Iā€™ll try using XiSRC to covert my float AIFF to float WAV and report my results.

UPDATE: I couldnā€™t configure XiSRC to convert to WAV float, so I ended up using XLD. The converted WAV float imported successfully into Roon.

1 Like

Hey @Whya_Duck,

Thanks for trying both options. Weā€™re grateful youā€™ve shared what works :grin:

Hi allā€¦ I just had exactly the same problem with a DXD album downloaded from NativeDSD. After trying several things to no success, the most silly one worked: I literally renamed the files in the hard drive to .wav and voila! they were recognized by Roon and now play perfectly. Honestly, this should be solved by Roonā€™s developersā€¦ it doesnā€™t make any sense. Thanks

Native DSD have had an issue where some .WAV files on their site were incorrectly named .flac.

If you let them know - they will fix it.

Not really a roon problemā€¦.

1 Like