Roon playing through RME adi 2 dac

Interesting, I didn’t know Soundflower supported DSD.

But if the ADI-2 shows incoming DSD signal and you know for sure that Soundflower is in the path here, then I guess it’s true.

Hi Dabassgoesboomboom,
You are right, but…
When ROON or Audirvana are active they have exclusive power over the Sound Device, in my case over ADI DAC. When I stop music playing but not quit ROON (or Audirvana) Safari is excluded from the Sound Device. When I close ROON and then open Safari, The Sound Device is given free for Safari and I can listen to YouTube or another app on internet.
If it were possible in ROON to open internet etc. , like Tidal or Qobuz or Radio, or open YouTube or Vimeo, then there was no need for a transparant Sound Device as Soundflower. The only thing Soundflower does is letting through for other applications to use the Sound Device ROON is using.
Thanks, Michel

Hi Michael

Should be Exclusive Mode only while music is playing.

After you pause Roon playback ADI-2 should be available to macOS system audio, after a few seconds.

Something strange is happening somewhere

Exactly Roon gives up exclusive mode after a certain time.

1 Like

And for Audirvana, when you hit stop for music playback (pause is not enough) then system sound should be able to be played to ADI-2.

Indeed, one must Audirvana quit to let ADI DAC free. And on my new Mac mini with 16 gig Memory and ssd 512 gig and an Intel processor that is fast enough, an new start of Audirvana takes ca. a half hour or more, Way to long for me,
Michel

I too have an ADI 2 DAC FS and I used to be able to see the settings you’re seeing in your screenshot but at the moment I do not have access to the Max Sample Rate and also the Max Bit Rate only goes from 24 to 48.
I’ve updated the firmware on it’s release last December/January time and it’s been fine since then but I can no longer stream Bit Perfect to it directly from Roon.

Good afternoon Richard,
Which system you are using, Windows or Mac? In my Mac (Mini) in the Audio Midi Setup I can choose for
the Adi Dac 768.000 Hz, 32-bit integer for Output.
When I play music tracks my computer follows the sampling I have chosen in Roon or Audirvana. Recently I have abandoned upsampling, because I have many albums form Qobuz that are already in Studio Quality.
By the way, as you see I have Roon and Audirvana. Ecause of audio quality iI prefer Audirvana. It has been since a year that I left Roon dor playing, but in between I update sometimes Roon for the case that maybe Audirvana fails.
For the record: in the Adi Dac in Setup, Options you can choose Sample Rate. When you choose 768 the Mac Mini follows that sample rate.
Happy listening,
Michel

Do you have exclusive mode set in Roon?

Hi Michel,
Thanks for your reply. I found out what the issue was and deleted the ADI drivers from my computer as they were preventing Roon from fully utilising the DAC.
Now that’s been done the ADI runs perfectly and the sample rate is perfect.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.