Roon plays a few seconds of each track via Qobuz and also loses connection when playing direct from my server

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC with Roon Version 2.0 (build 1128)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Virgin broadband router to Amplifi Mesh router to English Electric 8Switch to Intel NUC (all connected via Chord Ethernet cables)

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Qutest DAC (connected to iMac by Chord Ethernet cable)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When playing Qobuz via any of my Roon devices (Naim Mu-so Qb, Naim Nova, Naim Atom) or via the Chord Qutest DAC mentioned above, each track of any album is played momentarily for about 2 seconds before skipping to the next. It tends to be better when I play music stored in my Naim Core (connected to the same network via the EE8 switch mentioned above) but it still glitches and drops out. This problem started a couple of months ago. Roon 2.0 has been installed and ARC is working fine on my mobile ‘phone. I have reinstalled Roon Remote and checked my wifi which is around 39 mbps in the rooms with the Naim gear and 400 mbps near my router (where the Naim Core is positioned). My iMac is connected via Ethernet so is receiving around 520 mbps.

Hi - I posted this weeks ago and have yet to receive a reply from Support (or any forum member for that matter). Can you assist me please? Thanks.

Hi,

I posted the following on the Support pages weeks ago but have yet to receive any replies, so thought I’d try a different way.

Thanks for any help you can provide:

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC with Roon Version 2.0 (build 1128)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Virgin broadband router to Amplifi Mesh router to English Electric 8Switch to Intel NUC (all connected via Chord Ethernet cables)

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Qutest DAC (connected to iMac by Chord Ethernet cable)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When playing Qobuz via any of my Roon devices (Naim Mu-so Qb, Naim Nova, Naim Atom) or via the Chord Qutest DAC mentioned above, each track of any album is played momentarily for about 2 seconds before skipping to the next. It tends to be better when I play music stored in my Naim Core (connected to the same network via the EE8 switch mentioned above) but it still glitches and drops out. This problem started a couple of months ago. Roon 2.0 has been installed and ARC is working fine on my mobile ‘phone. I have reinstalled Roon Remote and checked my wifi which is around 39 mbps in the rooms with the Naim gear and 400 mbps near my router (where the Naim Core is positioned). My iMac is connected via Ethernet so is receiving around 520 mbps.

Did you try logging out of Qobuz through Roon, reboot the Roon core and then log back into Qobuz through Roon?

Please take a look at the following article. You may also want to try testing the network connections using standard Cat5e or Cat6 cables. I’d also try connecting the 8-port switch direct to the Virgin router.

Many thanks Martin, much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your suggestions - it turned out to be a non-functioning cable!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.