Roon plays a few seconds of song on Tidal, then stops

Hey Mark - Thanks for reaching out! Roon left off that this is a known issue with the CI-580. I connected with NAD and they weren’t aware that it is a known issue with their product. NAD asked for a way to connect with Roon directly so they could be brought up to speed on the known issue and that’s what I was asking Roon for earlier in this thread, but I haven’t heard back from Roon and NAD hasn’t made any effort to my knowledge to reach out to Roon. When two people are responsible, no one is responsible:)

So far NAD offered some pretty basic troubleshooting steps. The first round was turn it off, leave it unplugged overnight, then turn it on again. The second round was a factory reset. I tried them and they didn’t do anything for either CI-580 unit, which tells me every CI-580 is going to have the same problem. If you would like to send me your email I can forward you their correspondence, but there isn’t anything earth-shattering offered. I’m waiting to hear back for a third round of troubleshooting where hopefully they will have something more substantial.

I was looking at getting another CI-580 and a couple of other Bluesound products, but if I can’t solve this, I’ll probably sell my CI-580s and Nucleus+ and go with a non-Bluesound/non-Roon setup. It doesn’t matter how slick the interface is if it doesn’t work:)

I just found this other thread of people having similar problems with the CI-580/Roon combo: Nad ci580 Thoughts

Please let me know if you make any progress and I’ll continue to post mine. - Hunter