Roon problem to play Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac high Sierra

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Airport time capsule, Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Moon Audio DAC with ultra Rendu, usb Cable.

Description Of Issue
I’m really frustrated with Roon, I’ve been having problems with Roon-Tidal. I already did everything, I have read all possible recommendations from Roon community and nothing!

This is happening since I use Roon. Just on Tidal songs (take a few minutes to play) and this is really annoying me! I’m not shure if I’ll renew my membership with that.

I’m in Brasil, using uRendu with Tidal, Airport Apple 2TB. Anytime of day the problem persists.

Ps: no network problems, no Tidal problems (it plays very well without Roon), no Ultra Rendu problems (it plays the Airport Time Cápsule tracks normally)

Best regards

There is a new build out: 1.6, build 416. Have you tried this one and do the problems you have persist?

Hello,
I’m sorry but I didn’t know about it. Could you please explain?

Check this link: Roon 1.6 (Build 416) Is Live!?

Hi @yasnaia_barbosa,

You can check/upgrade to the latest build of Roon by going to Roon Settings -> About (top right-hand corner). I would upgrade to the newest build first because there have been some bugfixes and see if that helps.

If it does not, can you please let me know if this behavior occurs on other zone as well and not just through the UltraRendu + Moon DAC such as “System Output”? Are you presented with any error messages when this issue occurs?

Ok Noris
My Roon is setting to “Automatically install bug fix and other minor updates” so I think it’s ok. The problem occurs in all zones (playing in iPad), sometimes I have a error message too.

Noris,
I check my Ron version, is 1.6 (build 416) stable 64bit.

My name is Wladimir (Yasnaia is my wife)

Thank you for helping me, I’m really lost!

Wladimir

Hello Wladimir & (@yasnaia_barbosa),

Let’s please keep the discussion just in this one support thread, I have closed your other thread you had open. I have a few other questions:

• What is the exact error message that you receive when this issue occurs?
  • Your iMac is connected via Ethernet to the network, correct?
  • If you go to speedtest.net and run a network speed test, can you let me know the results?
  • Do tracks saved on your hard drive have the same issue or only TIDAL tracks experience this behavior?

– Noris

Hi Noris,

1. There is no message, just dont play Tidal. Tidal tracks take a few minutes to start ply, if I switch for another sondtrack, take more two or three minutes again. It’s annoing. The Airport Hard disk tracks dont have problems, they play immediately!
  2. iMac is connected by Ethernet cable, so as uRendu, both out of the modem.
  3. Yes, the internet is ok too 40mbps for download and 20mbps for upload. There is no problem with internet signal, my Tidal app on iMac plays normally.
  4. No. Play ok. Instantly

Hi Wladimir & @yasnaia_barbosa,

Thank you for letting me know that information. I should note that this might end up being a networking issue as we have seen Apple Networking products cause some issues in the past (see Networking Best Pracices here) but we can still narrow down the issue further for now.

I would next like to take a look at the diagnostics when this issue occurs on your iPad zone. Before I enable diagnostics mode for your account, can you please reproduce the issue once more on your iPad zone and note the exact local time and date in your country that this behavior occurs? E.g. 9:26PM on 4/25/19. The TIDAL stream should be sent to the iPad’s speakers directly for this test.

Once we confirm that the iPad zone also experiences this issue and I have timestamps + diagnostics traces, we can take a closer look at the ultraRendu zone as well to see if they contain similar traces.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris
Every time is time to issues. I can tell you and put on here a thousand of times of issues with iPad or uRendu, I just have to play some tidal music anytime, the track take 2 or 3 minutes to start. It’s looks like the music is loading. If I change for the next song, It’s take a minutes again. if I let the songs play normally they do not have the problem, they play. Do you understand me? I have to tell you that I have some difficulty expressing what is happening due to a deficiency in my English

iPad issue 25 April 23:13 Brazil-Caratinga-MG (starts to play 23:16)

iPad issue 2 25 April 23:17 Brazil-Caratinga-MG (starts to play in 23:20)

I can do that all night long, unfortunately. Anytime is time to issue.

Best

Noris
In 00:19am 26 April I have the message “Tidal media is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking ou connective problem” …and then played the next song.

Hi Wladimir,

Thank you for letting me know those timestamps, and don’t worry your English is pretty good :slight_smile: .

Now that I have these timestamps,I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Once these are received by our servers I will take a look at the times you mentioned for any issues. It is possible there will be no signs of the issue but it is better to check just in case.

– Noris

Hi Noris
What would be the next level? what would be the forecast for the solution of the problem? This is really annoying me. I was discouraged from listening to music.

Thank you

Just one more thing, in this morning, Roon doesn’t start! Just don’t work for a long time. Now, it’s work.

Just one more thing 2:
Since last night, the delay between tracks on Tidal was worseNed.

Tidal app in iMac working wonderfully master audio.

Hi Wladimir/@yasnaia_barbosa,

Troubleshooting an issue like this will often take some time. I can’t forecast when we will reach the solution, but I will try to get this resolved for you as quickly as I possibly can.

We have many customers running Roon without issues, so we just have to figure out what makes your setup different from the other countless setups in place.

I have been on the lookout for the diagnostics report but your Roon Core does not seem to be delivering this to our diagnostics servers.

Can you please reboot your Mac (power off, wait 30 seconds, power back on) and then manually send me the logs from your machine by using these instructions (<-clickable link)?

The best way to get them to me would be by using Dropbox/Google Drive or send.firefox.com link. Please send those over when you have a chance and I can take a look.

– Noris

Noris
There is no Roon or Roon Server folder in library.

Ups. Found it

Noris,
I cant send you from firefox, how I do with google drive? Could not send you for email?